Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Technique Tuesday: Brides and Grooms Around London – Composition Part 2

Good morning everybody,
We had a pretty relaxing day yesterday down here in San Jose, Mexico. I was able to spend some early morning time working on my wedding book and to my surprise got about 7000 (unedited) words completed.

Kent and I played around a good part of the afternoon with his new Canon 5D Mark II. I have to say, I love the low light capabilities of this camera. I'll try to get a few images posted tomorrow - so stay tuned.

On another 5D Mark II note, Kent made videos with our Canon rep's 5D a few weeks ago. The footage is great but unfortunately, it was not recorded in hi-def. Not a big deal though when you see what Kent has put together. The color is gorgeous and his story telling with the camera is fun, inventive, and exciting.

We have been working on the edit of his video while down here in San Jose. We are using Apple's I-Movie. I know it's not Final Cut Pro, but it is getting the job done and it's all we've got available. I hope I can get it posted for tomorrow's post. Anyway, that's the quick lowdown on our new experience with the 5D Mark II - so stay tuned. Now how about on with a new episode of Technique Tuesday...

Brides and Grooms Around London – Composition Part 2
I've got part two of my composition series planned for today. This week, our discussion features more on “Rules of Thirds,” “Vanishing Points,” and “Directional Pointers”. I thought it was kind of fun last week the way it all came together with the London landmarks featured. This week I feature London once again and I’ve get a few more surprises in store for everybody. So sit back, relax, and hit the play button below and enjoy the show.





Hey gang, that’s it for me today. I’ll see everybody tomorrow for Analysis of a Wedding Shoot – Part 3 - unless I've got some hot Canon 5D Mark II news. And there are some additional surprises a'brewin' too. Looks like I will be joining the PhotoNetCast.com tomorrow at 8:00 PST. Tom Hogarty, product manager for Lightroom, is the featured guest speaker.

Anyway, it's all good stuff. Are those ocean waves I hear in the background?? See ya’ tomorrow. -David

Related Links:
Technique Tuesday: Brides and Grooms Around London - A Study In Composition - Part 1

1 comment:

  1. Great educational video to show the compositional guidelines.

    ReplyDelete