Wednesday, December 03, 2008

"Shadow Play - Cabo Style"

"Shadow Play - Cabo Style"
©David A. Ziser

This image was made the first morning after we arrived. LaDawn had gotten up to watch the sunrise. By the time I hit the decks, the sunrise was in full bloom. I did notice this very interesting shadow pattern cast by a deck chair falling on the nearby wall. I loved the swirls and twirl of what I saw. I wanted to tie the two separate points of interest - the chair and it's shadow - together though. By positioning the camera just so, I got the composition I wanted. Notice how the chair's shape lead into right to the shadow with the shadow accentuating the curves even more as they spread across the wall. I tweaked the image slightly in Lighroom to give that Caribbean blue cast to the image. I also "de-clarified the mage considerably to give it that somewhat ethereal glow. I really liked how it came out. Camera specs; Canon 40D fitted with 18-200mm IS lens at 110mm F 16 @ 1/500 second, ISO 400. Enjoy! -David

No comments:

Post a Comment