Wednesday, December 10, 2008

"Manes Of Gold"

"Manes Of Gold"
©David A. Ziser

Here is another one of the three minute portraits I did at Morgan's Restaurant last Friday while visiting in San Jose, Mexico. I loved the painting of the horse on the back wall of the restaurant and thought it would make a great backdrop for my quick portrait of LaDawn. Lighting was the same as in my portrait of Sarah, "Hot Salsa" - just a small halogen flashlight coming in from the right side creating the loop lighting pattern and giving me that spotlight effect I like. I think this technique worked well within the limited confines of the restaurant while still letting me create a nice looking portrait in our short amount of time and with little to no intrusion to the other restaurant diners. Camera specs; Canon 5D fitted with 24-105mm IS lens at 70mm, F4.0 @ 1/20 second, ISO 5000. Enjoy! -David

3 comments:

  1. Hello from Ohio's North Coast. I am about a 30 min drive from Cedar Point. I just love your sight the best of all the sights I have seen. You have been very helpful and I love your tutorials.
    Thank you sharing your beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And just what is the make of this flashlight you're using, pray tell?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mini Z-Ray, of course - more on Monday.
    --David

    ReplyDelete