Monday, December 01, 2008

A View From The Clouds

A View From The Clouds
©David A. Ziser

This image was made on our way to Cabo, Mexico this past Saturday. As we got crossed the continental divide, I looked out the plane window and saw this wonderful series of mountain ridges in the distance - they were barely perceptible through the blue haze. I fired off a few shots, checked the viewfinder and thought I had something. I reviewed the images in Lightroom but was still not thrilled with the result, but after some tweaking in Lightroom, mainly pushing up the blacks substantially, I got the result I was looking for - the view I saw out the plane window - the endless series of mountain ridges receding into the distance with all their subtle tonalities echoing the majesty of the scene. Camera specs; Canon 40D fitted with 18-200mm IS lens at 155mm, F11 @ 1/800 second, ISO 400. Enjoy! -David

2 comments:

  1. Great photo, David. I've followed your blog for a long time; I've learned a great deal, but never commented. I really appreciate all the time to put into educating others. My question is this: Why did you use ISO 400, when you could have used a faster shutter speed and achieved the same exposure? Did you need to quickly take the picture before the moment passed, or am I missing something?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Taylor,
    Only seconds to get the shot out the plane window - it's what the camera was set too.
    -David

    ReplyDelete