Friday, December 19, 2008

"The Old Sentry"
©David A. Ziser

I captured this image yesterday while we were visiting The Biltmore House in Asheville, North Carolina. Although there were some wonderful mountain vistas all around, I was taken by these craggy old trees in the valley behind the house. Something about the textures and colors were intriguing to me. This one tree in the foreground was the biggest and appeared to be the oldest and most weathered compared to its younger siblings in the background. I also liked how the last vestiges of fall, the last few leaves on the trees, were still clinging to their winter counterparts. Camera specs; Canon 5D Mark II fitted with 70-300mm IS lens at 140mm, F8 @1/100 second, ISO 800. Enjoy! --David

3 comments:

  1. I think I know that intruiging tree! Here's a shot I took http://markwpeacock.zenfolio.com/p495725846/h3bea9252#h3bea9252

    Love you blog, thanks for all the advice and inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost dismissed this picture as another fall/winter tree shot, but the mixture of the colors drew me back in!.

    Just watched your series on portraiture on kelbytraining.Amazing series and great approach! .I'm looking forward to more classes!.

    Thank You and Happy Holidays :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey - you're right down the road from us! Have fun - it's going to be beautiful here until sunday night - then it's going to be freezing!

    Be *sure* to eat at The Laughing Seed downtown before you leave - it's NOT to be missed! It's nationally known and incredible. In fact, email me if you go and my wife and I can meet you! :) I'd love to point out some of Asheville's fun stuff to you all!

    fmerenda@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete