Monday, December 22, 2008

"Hanging Out In Winter Wonderland"

"Hanging Out In Winter Wonderland"
©David A. Ziser

I made this image at the Bat Mitzvah I photographed last weekend. This party was a pretty big deal and quite a bit of planning had gone into the theme and all the preparations. The setting was to be a Winter Wonderland and I think it was pulled off beautifully both in lighting and decor. Of course, my job as a photographer of the event, is not only to capture the guest of honor, in this case are beautiful Bat Mitzvah girl among the surrounds, but to also capture the magnificence of the room (tent) and decor.

Once again, I used my magic Z-Ray lighting technique to make the shot. I positioned my young subject among the beautifully created wintry surrounds for the best composition. I next determine the exposure for the scene and then adjusted the distance of the Z-Ray flashlight to spotlight our subject consistent with the overall exposure of the scene. Camera specs; Canon 5D Mark II to fitted with a Sigma 12-24mm lens at 24mm, F6.3, 1/30 second, ISO 3200.
Enjoy! -David

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful photo! One day I'll learn how to do this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Z-ray lighting technique and it seems like it would be simple once I got the hang of it, thanks to David for figuring out all of the details and sharing it with us! I especially like the way the natural and white-colored light shows up blue due to the 2800K WB. There's endless possibilities of images that can be created, and it will be lots of fun along the way.

    ReplyDelete