Tuesday, December 23, 2008

"Radiant Splendor"

"Radiant Splendor"
©David A. Ziser

This is another image I made during the Bat Mitzvah service I photographed a few weeks ago. I had just picked up my new Canon 5D Mark II and was stoked about putting it through its paces. One thing I wanted to try were a few shots with my Sigma 8mm fisheye lens. On the full frame Canon 5D Mark II, it would render a circular image. Since I could shoot at higher ISOs with the new camera, I was able to take the image at F8 -- the sweet spot of the lens -- and get a much sharper image. I cropped the final image square and loved the finished result. Even though I threw away one-third of the pixels, I still had 14 mega-pixels left after cropping with which I could still print a great image. Camera specs; Canon 5D Mark II to fitted with Sigma 8mm Fisheye lens, F8.0 @ 1/30 second, ISO 3200. Enjoy! -- David

3 comments:

  1. Happy Chanukah, David! And thank you for all of your precious time spent helping us all become better photographers.

    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome shot. I really love it. If I would be a Canon user I would probably buy the new 5D too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. That is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete