Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Technique Tuesday: Revisiting A Classic - Rock Mountain High

Good Morning Everyone,
I know, I know - what happened to that tutorial on "Finding The Light" I've been talking about? Well, it just wasn't meant to be today. I woke up with a major "bug" yesterday, spent 3 hours in the doctor's office and pharmacy and was down most of the day.
I thought I would just put together a quick substitution, but then was reminded by my very sore throat that I could hardly talk. LaDawn suggested I do what network TV does when they run into content issues or when Letterman or Leno are under the weather, on vacation, or out of town on a gig - run a re-run. Oops - Encore presentation!

I stressed about the suggestion, fretted about the impact here at DigitalProTalk.com - Would my readers leave in droves claiming that, "Ziser just runs the same old stuff, let's see what's happening over at the Strobist?" No, no - please don't go!!!

I wrestled with my decision, but then heartbroken decided to take her advice. Hey, it sure beats a "No Blog" Tuesday, doesn't it? So today, I give you "Rocky Mountain High - the Director's cut." Well, it's not really a director's cut, but it's still a terrific episode.

Why am I running this episode? Because it represents a very early episode which many of you more recent readers may not have had an opportunity to view. It's one of my first Technique Tuesday posts and had a very low view count. Secondly, it covers some really cool Photoshop techniques which we use around the studio nearly everyday. And thirdly, because I truly need to get some rest ;~) Doctor's, not to mention LaDawn's orders!

Anyway, give it a watch, even if you've seen it before - it's still great information. On that note gang, I'm out of here. The doc says I should be fine by tomorrow, so I'll see you then for another episode of "Analysis of a Wedding." See you then, -David









6 comments:

  1. David, Hope you feel better soon. As a relatively new follower of your blog, I enjoyed the encore presentation. I hope you do more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. David,
    I hope you feel better. I liked the video, I wasn't an avid watcher then as I am now. Just finished your videos at kelbytraining, wonderful job. Hope to see you do another one there soon.
    -Colby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would you just use LR2 to do this now instead of using PS? If not, why?

    Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You may have stumbled on a good idea. I liked viewing this rerun.

    Why not pick your lowest Hit day and dub it the Rerun day, "Rerun Friday."

    The only thing I would like to see is your "Today's Comments" related to the rerun. In other words, (like the above question), would you now use LR2, or would you use/try a newer lighting technique, etc?

    David

    ReplyDelete
  5. Take a hot toddy every 3 hours and go to bed!....enjoy your blog very much. Kenneth

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks so much for the tutorial! really loved it! look forward to hearing you at wppi.

    ReplyDelete