Friday, October 19, 2007

Friday - The Rest of the Beginning

Good Morning Gang,
Well, we got our first 11 hours of the shoot in yesterday wrapping about 11:30 p.m. and are due to be on site about 9:45 a.m. this morning. I tried my new Canon 580EX II flash as a main light through and umbrella for our bridal portraits and the results were gorgeous.
I used my Quantum T5d as a background light and ranged it's intensity from a soft accent light up to a good "blast" to push the background very bright for an almost high key effect. I can't show the the pics right now, but here is the set up. I'll plan a full report next week. Anyway, we are off for the Marina. I'll follow follow up with the rest of the post later today. See ya' in a bit. --David

5 comments:

  1. Hey David, the setup looks neat. When possible, can you provide the specifics on how you fired the flash (Quantum remote or eTTL ?) and the settings (manual 1/8 or eTTL ? etc) for the 580EX flash? tx Don

    ReplyDelete
  2. David your awesome! I was at your last tour in NOCAL and I am so thankful for people like you that share so much. Look forward to the full report and keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Don,
    Check out Technique Tuesday today for all the answers.
    --David

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks David, that was just what I needed. When available, can you also post the specific pieces of the reflector and stand? I would like to look into getting a similar setup. tx Don

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey David,

    I love that background !!!

    Are you still using the Wescott Halo ?

    ReplyDelete