Thursday, October 11, 2007

"Moonrise Serenade"
© David A. Ziser

Although this image of what appears to be the sun rising is not what it seems to be. I still like the colors, composition, mood and feeling of the image. It was actually captured along the Kentucky countryside on my way home from an afternoon wedding. I set the exposure to capture more of the moonlit sky which made the landscape go quite dark - yes, it was shot Jpeg. I set about in Photoshop to recover whatever details there were in the shadows. After a bit of experimentation, I came up with this image. I've added the grainy texture, originally added to disguise the noise, also adds to the moon glow, eerie mood of the final artwork. Exposure F22 @ 1/1600 second at ISO 400. Enjoy. --David

3 comments:

  1. Hi David! Just happened to visit your blog-space. I am new to photography and blogs. I have floated my blog 3 days back-
    http://explorephotography.blogspot.com. Let me know you what you think of my work as a beginner. I have been shooting with a Canon Powershot A430 but would soon upgrade to Canon 40D and plan to buy the Canon EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 USM IS (offered as one of the KIT options in India) and the Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 USM IS to go with it. Let me know whether it is a good selection. Regards,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Shot David - I've been a fan of yours for many years - just found your place this morning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Guys, Thanks for the nice remarks - hope to see you back again.
    Shubham - go with the Canon 40D w-17-85mm lens, next lens would be 70-200mm F4 IS, then 50mm F1.8 or 1.4 and you are good to go. Like your site by the way.
    All the best, David

    ReplyDelete