Monday, May 03, 2010

"A Walk In The Park"

A Walk In The Park

"A Walk In The Park"
©David A. Ziser

Here is an image I made last week during my Master Class.  The day was beautiful with warm breezes and rich blue skies. I captured this shot from a very low vantage point to allow the clouds and tree line to lead the viewer's eye directly to my bride.  Notice she is positioned in the bottom right quadrant, the fourth quadrant, of the frame. Light is coming from camera left from a Quantum Trio on full power pretty close to the subject but just out of camera view.  The shadows were going a bit dark so I filled them with my on camera flash to reduce their harshness.  Quick, easy and simple I think it turned out to be a great shot.  Camera specs: Canon 7D fitted with 10-22mm lens at 22mm, F16 @ 1/250 second, ISO 200.  Enjoy! -David

3 comments:

  1. hey David!

    I have been doing some research on the different quantum flashes, and I was wondering why you choose to use the t5dr instead of the x5dr? It seems like there is a whole lot more power in the x5dr for only a little more money...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Death Bag Toter5:37 PM, May 03, 2010

    Oh, that is totally my shot with group 4.
    Nice job, boss!

    ReplyDelete
  3. DAvid, you used fill flash on this on top of trying create a loop light pattern to soften the shadows?, why not trying to use a bounce reflector? and shooting at a higher f stop?

    Please answer my question??:)

    ReplyDelete