Wednesday, May 19, 2010

"Wedding Day Splendor"

Wedding Day Splendor

"Wedding Day Splendor"
©David A. Ziser

I love this image. Anytime I'm working in a church this beautiful, I always pull out the wide angle lens. The convergence of the lines accentuated with the wide angle lens just adds to the dramatics of the already spectacular location. The main thing to notice about this image is the subject's position in the shot. I've place her pretty much in the bottom right quadrant, what I call quadrant #4. Notice too how I've framed her within the tall pillars you see in the background on either side of her. Also, when having brides lean into the pew, be sure to not have them lean too much.  It’s a quick way to show a “tummy bulge” – not a good thing.  They should actually just barely be touching the pew with their body – be careful about this one. When designing images like this, always remember, the presentation of the location, especially a location as beautiful as this one, is as important as the subject. It's both subject and location that come together to makes a great photograph.  Camera specs: Canon 7D fitted with a 10-22mm wide angle lens, F7.1 @ 1/50 second, ISO 1600. Light from camera left - Quantum through Zumbrella, 10 feet away, 1/4 power.  Enjoy!  David

1 comment:

  1. Hey David,

    You have some awesome tutorials and videos. Thanx for taking the time to offer all of this for free. Its certainly appreciated.

    I had a question about this image and others similar to this. How do you go about preventing light spillage all over the foreground pew (in this case)? When I try these types of shots, light is flying all over..if I move in closer, I miss the wide look. If I move the light back and high, I get very specular lighting.

    ReplyDelete