Friday, May 28, 2010

"Jeepers Creepers, Where'd You Get Those Peepers"

Jeepers-IMG_1705-Edit-Edit

"Jeepers Creepers, Where'd You Get Those Peepers"
©David A. Ziser

That was the first thought that popped into my mind when I looked through the viewfinder yesterday while capturing this image. The contrasts of the stark steel and glass building with several little windows popping out of the smooth service just looked visually comical to me. Notice the one white “renegade” window too. That’s why I took the shot - just for the "giggle". Visually I still like the image on the merit of it's composition. It’s a nice study in contrasts. We have the contrast of the smaller rectangles with the larger rectangle of the building. I also like the large rectangular shadowed building to the right of the image. It seems to be the "big brother" of all the smaller rectangles. The strong tonal contrasts complete the story.  Anyway, just a fun, funny combination of shapes and shadows. Camera specs: Canon 7D fitted with 18-200mm IS lens at 100mm, F 8.0 @ 1/320 second, ISO 200. Enjoy! -David.

No comments:

Post a Comment