Monday, May 17, 2010

"Garden Party"

Garden Party

"Garden Party"
©David A. Ziser

This is another image I made during my Master Class a few weeks ago.  It is one of my favorites. I love the lighting, the setting, and the soft expression. What's most interesting about the image is the lighting technique I used - it was simple, easy, and very effective in capturing this great shot.  I'll fill you in on the details in tomorrow's Technique Tuesday.  Here was the challenge.  I wanted to use a wide aperture to really throw the background out of focus.  In the bright afternoon sun that necessitated my using a high shutter speed too.  But still I wanted beautiful, dimensional lighting on my subject.  I looked at the setting and decided that I wanted the bride positioned slightly off-center among the swirl of the foliage.  The space behind her head in completely out of focus because of the large aperture drawing viewers' attention right to her face.  I think we nailed it. Camera specs:  Canon 7D fitted with 70-200mm IS lens at 125mm, F 3.2 @ 1/800 second, ISO 400. Enjoy!  -David

2 comments:

  1. hi,
    It seems to be very light this day.
    Why do you use 400 iso in this konditions?
    It is also a good picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty image !!

    ReplyDelete