Thursday, May 13, 2010

"Stepping Up In The World"

Stepping Up In The World-IMG_8304

"Stepping Up In The World"
©David A. Ziser

Here is an image I made on one of our photowalks in Cabo last month. I just love the bright colors of the buildings in Mexico. Under the clear blue skies, those colors stand out even more brilliantly.  OK, what do I like about this image?  First the bright color of the wall, but I also like how it is interrupted by the steps.  Look too how the steps shadow tonalities change as one proceeds visually towards the top step.  I also like the two diagonal "zig-zags" running through the image.  All in all, I find it a very pleasing, simplistic and colorful composition.  Camera specs: Canon 7D fitted with 18-200mm IS lens at 60mm, F 8.0 @ 1/1250 second, ISO 200. Enjoy!  -David

1 comment:

  1. David, lovely shot of the stairs, you do think of the adobe style of architecture when you think of these places...

    all the best
    Noel

    ReplyDelete