Monday, May 24, 2010

"Sexy Smiles"

0001-Sexy Smiles-IMG_9216

"Sexy Smiles"
©David A. Ziser

Two weeks ago I posted an image that was a real favorite at DPT.  It was entitled, “Thinking Of You” [link].  It was just a simple, classic, window light portrait.  Today, I’m posting another image from that same shoot.  This time I’ve included the groom in the photograph.  This image is "classic “Monte Zucker”, but it’s still a nice image of the bride and groom today.  Although I don’t take many of these kinds of images in my wedding photography today, it’s still nice to enjoy a beautiful “portrait study” of the couple.  You enjoy this kind of image the way you enjoy a piece of fine art in a museum. It’s just nice to look at, to enjoy the lighting, the color tonalities, the expressions, etc.  In addition to positioning the bride next to the window so that I would get this great “loop lighting” on her profile, I positioned the groom behind her.  Here is the secret to this shot working though.  Position the bride’s profile into the shadow area of the groom’s face.  That way you tie them together as a couple – one compositional element in the portrait. Camera specs: Canon 7D fitted with 18-200mm IS lens at 200mm, F 5.6 @ 1/40 second, ISO 1600. Enjoy!  -David

3 comments:

  1. A beautiful photograph which repays long viewing!

    Balliolman, :)
    England.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi David, I just wanted to say THANKYOU for all the hard work that you do in DPT. There's always plenty to learn and think about. Thankyou again for your generosity.

    ReplyDelete