Thursday, May 20, 2010

"My Little Corner Of The World"

My Corner Of The World-IMG_8317

"My Little Corner Of The World"
©David A. Ziser

Here is another Cabo photo walk image.  What appeals to me?  The minimalist simplicity of the shot. Only two line elements in this image - one vertical and the other a broken horizontal element indicating that I've shot into the corner of "something".  But the "something" makes no difference to this composition.  Now look at the colors and notice how the different yellow tones just glow.  Wait, one more thing to notice - it's the luminosity of the yellow colors - darker in the top 2/3's of the image and brighter in the bottom 1/3 with the exception of the darkness near the vertical element which happens to be at "nodal point #3".  My eye just enjoys the visual stroll through this image. Camera specs: Canon 7D fitted wit 18-200 IS lens at 178mm, F8.0 @ 1/250 second, ISO 200.

Enjoy!  David

3 comments:

  1. Hi David! Any news about your "Shooting a Live Wedding" Kelby Video?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi David!
    I follow your post for a while by now and it looks that almost all recent pictures were made with 7d. Is there a reason why you prefer 7d over 5d mark II or it is only a coincidence?

    ReplyDelete