Tuesday, May 18, 2010

"Cabo Afterglow"

Cabo Afterglow-IMG_4536

"Cabo Afterglow"
©David A. Ziser

Since the topic in today's Technique Tuesday involves the sun, I thought I'd post one of the fabulous Cabo sunsets.  This image was taken last December while on a visit to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. Every time we head to Cabo this time of the year, the sunsets are always magnificent.  This evening was no exception. This view is from the beautiful Westin Hotel which is on the way to San Jose del Cabo, near where we stay when visiting that beautiful part of the world.  Even with a few tweaks in Lightroom 2, this is pretty much how I remember the sunset that beautiful evening. The foreground is actually a reflection pool.  I positioned myself very near to its surface so I could get the "infinity pool" look in the image. The two lone palms framed the image of the sky, sunset, and reflection perfectly. The results of this image speaks to the beauty of the moment. Moments that we should all strive to make a bigger part of our busy lives.  Camera specs: Canon 7D fitted with 10-22mm wide angle lens at 10mm, F 8.0 @1/200 second, ISO 200. Enjoy!  David

3 comments:

  1. Your amazing images from Mexico leave me green with envy to enjoy the beautiful parts of this world. You NEVER stop thrilling me with your photographs. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just had to take the time and stop saying hello..=)
    Bought your book "captured by the light", and I´m enjoying it a lot these days. Inspiring!

    ReplyDelete