Thursday, May 27, 2010

"Blowing In The Breeze"

0003-BH Bonus Reflector-IMG_9403

"Blowing In The Breeze"
©David A. Ziser

This is one of my favorite photographs from my Master Class a few weeks ago. I had actually blogged how some of these images came together with the use of my off camera reflector. You can catch that video right here if you missed it. Anyway, to many photogs go for the perfect shot – a HUGE mistake! It's NEVER about getting the perfect shot. It's about getting the best shot. If you are shooting for the perfect shots, then the BEST shot may just slip away. Here's my shooting strategy - shoot for the best shot, but keep the cameras rolling all the time. If you keep shooting, you won't miss that great shot. If you stop to adjust, fix, finesse, etc., you can be guaranteed to miss way too many great images. That's sort of what happened here. The wind was blowing like crazy. I could have worked to minimize the wind issues but instead chose to keep shooting. By keeping the cameras rolling I got this shot - I love it! The wind caught the veil perfectly, the bride reacted spontaneously, and the moment was captured beautifully. Illumination was from camera left from a reflector bouncing the natural sunlight into the scene. The large aperture softened the background substantially to separate the bride from the surrounds making for a great image. Camera specs: Canon 7D fitted with 18-200mm IS lens at 140mm, F 5.6 @ 1/2500 second, ISO 1600 (whoops, not on purpose). Enjoy! David

No comments:

Post a Comment