Friday, October 17, 2008

"Hangin' At The Marriott"

"Hangin' At The Marriott"
© David A. Ziser

Here is another image I recently made at our local Marriott Hotel. It's a popular venue for wedding receptions and in addition to some very cool architectural features throughout the hotel, these columns are some of my favorites. By selecting a fairly long lens, I can make the columns slowly fade into the background while still giving me strong compositional elements with which to frame my subject. See how the leading lines of the columns lead right up to the bride. My low camera vantage point helps in this regard. Also notice how the strong vertical elements contrast nicely with the smooth flowing lines of the bride. I think this results in a very dynamic image of the bride in a business hotel setting. Camera specs; Canon 40D fitted with 70-300mm IS lens at 80mm, F 5.6 @ 1/15 second - hand held, ISO 800. Illumination from my Z-Ray flashlight. Enjoy! -David

3 comments:

  1. I just subscribed from you interview on Photoshop TV. I've seen some of you tutorial and am real glad to be able to follow you closer. I like the image here alot.
    -Colby McLemore
    www.colbysphotography.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Overall is a great photo, I don't like the shadow of the nose on the face, it's too hard, the contrast is excessive... and then I think is better a source light from the left to light the right side of the face.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi just wondered why you used a 70/300 in such a close up shot why not a 50mm which would offer more light?

    ReplyDelete