Wednesday, October 01, 2008

The Sunset That Almost Never Was And Beauty, Beauty Everywhere

Good Morning Everybody,

Yesterday was another pretty long day wrapping about 9 p.m. last night after the beach shoot. That's one thing about coming down here to Florida to shoot - you almost always get a great sunset, right - well, maybe.

We were scheduled Monday to hit the beach but the rain came in and we were washed out. Yesterday looked like a washout too. We got to the beach about 6:45 p.m. and there was not a cloud in the sky. The clouds that did appear were in the opposite direction of the beach. Not ideal for a sunset beach shoot. We decided to forge ahead. We would just hang out and see what happened. I could see - just barely - some faintly perceptible clouds in the sky just at the horizon.
The sun settled lower and that little strand of clouds started to light up - it wasn't much, but it was enough. And it was beautiful! We got what we needed and left the beach happy campers. Pretty cool, eh?
Yesterday was the taping of Photoshop User TV over at NAPP World Headquarters and I did a guest walk-on. I think it posts in about two weeks. I'll keep you posted.
After the Photoshop TV segment, we headed out to Sacred Heart Church, one of the most beautiful and oldest Catholic churches in the area. My goal was to show how many different ways we could photograph within one location.

I think we pulled off about 14 completely different compositions within the church sanctuary. Here is one of my wide angle favorites. You'll have to check out the Kelby Training videos when this one goes live - it's one of my favorites so far. Again, I'll keep you posted as to the time line.

2 comments:

  1. That sunset shot is really stunning David. I love landscape scenes portraits.

    This conveys the mood really. well. From the look of it there was no fill flash used here. Id that correct?

    Gavin
    seimeffects.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi David! Nice scenery and lovely couple. The details of both sunset and couples were captured. I also like the second photo; you captured the bride and the church interior, it convey real wedding ambiance.

    ReplyDelete