Wednesday, October 22, 2008

News You May Have Missed Wednesday

Good Morning Everybody,
Today LaDawn and I head for the BIG Apple to check out the PhotoPlus Expo Show. I'm meeting with several friends while at the show, hoping to hold the famous new Canon 5D Mark II camera, and maybe even be doing a podcast or two. I'll keep you posted.

Anyway, let's get on with some news you may have missed. By good buddy Skip Cohen, is president of WPPI. WPPI is one of the best trade associations available for full time, part time, and even aspiring pros interested in taking their career to the next level. Anyway, Skip puts this post on Facebook talking about this great six–part Big Shots speaker series being presented by Boston University’s Center for Digital Imaging Arts.


On Monday, October 27, 2008 the series leads off with the indefatigable Julieanne Kost - Adobe Evangelist. Julieanne is partnered with Matthew Jordan Smith, a Microsoft Icon of Imaging specializing in Fashion and celebrity photography. The series looks like a nice way to spend an evening and the proceeds go to a good cause. Here is the link to all the info.

And I completely forgot to mention this earlier because of the Kelby Training shooting last week, but if you are interested, you can catch my guest appearance on PhotoshopUser TV right here.

I was cruising around the net last week and came across Gavin Seim's article on HDR photography for weddings and portraits. Here is the link. Man, I loved what I saw - go check it out. I tried a few HDR things out this past weekend at my Bat Mitzvah but did not have the greatest luck. Looks like I better do a little "brainpickin' till I get it right.

Scott Kelby gets featured in USA Today, David Hobby of Strobist fame gets featured too. Well, can you believe it, I even got a mention too - well, sort of. It was on the USA Today blog right here. Thanks to Jefferson Graham for the notice.

Podcasting is a very cool way to spread the news about stuff that doesn't need to be picture related. That's why I do them here at DPT semi regularly. Look for another next week. A lot of readers tell me they just like to listen to them on the way to work, while exercising or whatever. Well, I found this great site with lots of interesting information on it right here. You can listen to great conversations with the likes of Kevin Kubota, topics like bridal show planning, how to get better looking pictures - it really runs the gamut over at PodCastAlley.com. Check them out right here.

Hey gang, that's it for me today - planes to catch, places to go, people to see - catch you all tomorrow for Business Day Thursday: The Urgency Of It All. Adios, David

3 comments:

  1. Hey David, r.e. your appearance in the USA today blog - did you read some of the comments? It's amazing how many different opinions there are on lenses (some a little snobby). I think in the end David DuChemin's mantra "Gear is good, vision is better" holds true. Your images are nuts, and that's the proof of the pudding right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link to my HDR stuff David. I love HDR and it's always an honor to hear a good review of my work from you. We should get together and talk HDR sometime.

    Gavin Seim

    ReplyDelete
  3. You just got mentioned on the strobist blog for your high speed sync turorial! Glad I stumbled here before the masses.

    ReplyDelete