Tuesday, October 21, 2008

"Man Of Confidence"

"Man Of Confidence"
© David A. Ziser

This image was made a few weeks ago just after we were leaving the beautiful church you see in the background. I thought it would be cool to shoot into the shaded side of the church, darkening the sky as much as I could with my ISO/F-stop/shutter speed combination. The soaring building, darkened sky, and strong pose all combined to show the confidence of the young man standing there. Since I was exposing for the sky, I had to add much more light to my subject. This was accomplished with my off-camera flash. Here is the really cool part though. See how I've positioned the subject in the bottom left quadrant of the stain glass window. He has that same position with respect to the entire image area as well. We call the shape of the stain glass window and "interior frame". It really strengthens the image if you can place your subject coincidentally in the same quadrants of the interior and exterior frames within the scene. Camera specs; Canon 40D fitted with 10-22mm lens at 15mm, F11 @1/250 second, ISO 200. Enjoy! -David

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for the "interior frame" hint, i hope it will help me for my future compositions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very , very cool compositional technique. Thank you!

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good composition, but your images almost always look underexposed by about 1/3 to 2/3 stop.

    ReplyDelete