Thursday, October 02, 2008

Thursday: Three Days Of Great Shooting, USA Today- Nikon D90 & Canon 5D Mark II, And Heading Back Home

Good Morning Everybody,
We wrapped three days of great shooting down here in Tampa and I have to say, we are all whooped. The good news is we got some great video for the Kelby Training Videos. Yesterday, was a real highlight of the week. I asked for a house so I could show what types of images we could take in the natural surrounds of a bride's home.

Kelby Training not to be undone, discovered thru a local realtor a gorgeous home for us to work throughout the morning in. I'm so stoked with the images I was able to produce. What happened is what always happens, no matter the location, was that even at this gorgeous home we had to pull out all the stops to get the right light on the subject, and that right light was just simply BEA-U-TI-FUL! I'll share a few of the images in the upcoming posts over the next few days. If you've not had an opportunity to follow any of the Kelby Training Videos, just sign-up now. It's a terrific way to learn from some of this industries leaders from the comfort of your home or office.

Hey, who gets USA Today - I know, nobody, unless you are in an airport or a hotel. Anyway, I grabbed my copy today and on the front page was one of the best composed story telling images I had seen in quite a while. It was made by Evan Vucci of AP - here is the shot. I love the low camera angle, the rush of reporters swarming to get a shot, and best yet - the position of the subject's head and body against the rotunda of the senate ceiling - just a great shot. Mr. Vucci nailed it.
More news today in USA Today - so how of you are drooling over the Nikon/Canon announcements about their new cameras with video. USA Today also had a nice piece on the subject right here. The story does speak to some of the differences and similarities of the Nikon D90 and Canon 5D Mark II right here - just thought you would like to know.

1 comment:

  1. David--thanks for the mention for my piece. In case you missed it, I also have links to video samples from the 5D and D90:
    5D: http://j-graham.smugmug.com/gallery/6115668_CoKvv#384665844_vCfns
    D90: http://j-graham.smugmug.com/gallery/6115668_CoKvv#384696228_uZd38

    Jeff

    ReplyDelete