Wednesday, October 01, 2008

"The Organist"

"The Organist"
© David A. Ziser

Although our model is not the organist here, I thought the title worked. I mention many times, that although most of my images feature bride and grooms in front of the camera, my gig is really lighting and composition. Any of the techniques I discuss here at DigitalProTalk are always centered around those two primary elements. This image, The Organist, work here because of the featured pipe organ in the background. This really could have been a portrait of the organist. I love what the wide angle lens does to the lines of the church's architecture in this image. The strong convergence of the lines plays to the powerful composition of the scene. The lines in the ceiling and sides of the location add to the overall striking composition of the image. Camera specs; Canon 40D fitted with 10-22mm lens at 10mm, F 5.6 @ 1/40 second, ISO 800. Enjoy! -David

No comments:

Post a Comment