Thursday, October 02, 2008

"Swirls And Twirls - Stairway To Heaven"

"Swirls And Twirls - Stairway To Heaven"
© David A. Ziser

This was one of the last images I made during my wedding shoot on Tuesday. There was a narrow spiral staircase in the back of the church leading to the balcony. I pictured a cool shot taken with my fisheye lens that would accentuate the swill of the railing. Here was my plan - since the location was all curves, the fisheye lens' distortion would be disguised by the swirls of the staircase. All I needed to do was keep the subject near the center of the image to minimize her distortion. The large window supplied the illumination and by pushing the exposure to properly expose the bride I was able to blowout a good part of the scene leaving me with a wonderful, dramatic, swirling, high-key image of my bride. I love it. Camera specs; Canon 40D fitted with Sigma 8mm Fisheye, F 5.6 @ 1/50 second, ISO 800. Enjoy! -David

2 comments:

  1. Great image and thanks for posting the idea on a great way to use the fish eye lens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. I love how you used the fisheye. You don't really notice the distortion. Very cool idea.

    ReplyDelete