Thursday, October 09, 2008

"On Top Of The World"

"On Top Of The World"
© David A. Ziser


Here is another one of my "sunny day" wedding portraits from this past weekend's wedding. Our vantage point gave a great view of the Kentucky side of the Ohio River. I positioned the bride and groom between to two bridges you see in the background. I had the choice of a low camera angle which would feature the sky more in the composition, but that obstructed the bridges from the view. Since the rooftop view was important to my clients, I choose the higher camera vantage point for this shot showing the bridges. They were standing directly in the sun which I blocked with a large translucent panel. That gave me the soft light on there faces upon which I could add the "loop-light" illumination from my off-camera flash which was coming in from the right side. I filled the facial shadows with my on-camera flash firing too, but with the power reduced by 1 2/3's stops so that it did not overpower the off-camera flash. I thought we pulled off a pretty cool shot. To see the entire set up, hit the "Read more..." link below. Camera specs; Canon 40D fitted with 10-22mm lens at 10mm, F 20 @ 1/250 second, ISO 200. Enjoy! -David

Here is how the shot was set up. -David



2 comments:

  1. It was almost impossible to keep that reflector straight in the wind on top of that building!!!
    My hands hurt for two days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you should use your teeth next time to hold that reflector. Kidding, you must have done a great job as the lighting looks clean and the lines are pretty smooth.

    ReplyDelete