Monday, March 28, 2011

"Midnight Melody"

Midnight MelodysIMG_1329

"Midnight Melody"
©David A. Ziser

This is one of the images I made during last evening’s wedding. I asked LaDawn to position a remotely triggered Canon 580 EXII flash behind the wedding couple.  The challenge was to get the sky, which was full of color and texture to render bright enough in the image. 

It was quite dark and I had to jack up the ISO to 6400 ISO to see the sky. That meant that the ambient light was now bright enough to expose the couple too.  I really kind of like the detail on the shadow side of Joshua and Kristen.

I kept the color balance on Tungsten – that gave me an even more intense blue color in the background adding to the midnight effect. The lens flare created by a little of the backlight, I think added to the overall impact of the image.  All in all, I really enjoy this simple yet dramatic first dance image of the beautiful couple.

Camera specs:  Canon 7D fitted with Sigma 8-16mm super wide angle lens at 14mm, F 5.6 @ 1/5 second, ISO 6400.  Enjoy!  -David

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! Brian F.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As usual a really good image. Like the use of Tungsten . David I mention you in my blog today.

    http://jpweddingphotograpy.blogspot.com/2011/03/our-honor-roll-blog-of-month-digital.html

    ReplyDelete