Thursday, March 24, 2011

"Midnight At The Oasis"

Midnight At The OasisDSC00309

"Midnight At The Oasis"
©David A. Ziser

I made this image last evening, after a wonderful dinner, as we were leaving the restaurant.  LaDawn jumped into the passenger side of the automobile, but I hesitated and I viewed this scene.  I was enjoying the repeat of the palm trees, but it was the cloudy late sky that really caught me eye.  I loved the textures against the rest of the composition. 

I only had my little Sony TX9 camera with me so I pulled it out framed up the shot and made the exposure.  The first few images were not what I was looking for. This last image was what I had envisioned.  I like the repeat of the trees, the rough texture of the sky, and finally – the flare of light you see on the right.  It almost hints at another approaching vehicle, but you never really know.  It adds an even more mysterious nature to the image.

That, BTW, is what I feel most as I look at this image – mystery.  Is it safe here, is anyone lurking in the shadows - we better leave now!  I think it’s cool when an image can elicit an emotional response regardless of what that response might be.

Camera specs: Sony TX9 with lens at 4.43mm (27mm - 35mm equivalent), F4.3 @ 1/5 second (handheld), ISO 3200.  Enjoy!  -David

No comments:

Post a Comment