Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Technique Tuesday: You Won’t Believe Your Eyes!

Good Morning Everybody,

Just a couple of quick notes before we get on with today’s Technique Tuesday.  First I’m planning a FREE Webcast for the not to distant future on Social Media Marketing focusing on how to use Twitter to enhance your business presence.  If you have any suggestions for upcoming topics, please let me know in the comments section after this post.

SnappAlso don’t miss SNAPP tomorrow evening – it’s LIVE Photoshop User TV.  It looks like fun.  Here is the link to REGISTER!  I missed the last episode but I definitely plan to sit in on this one – hope to see you there.

On with today’s post…

You Won’t Believe Your Eyes!

Content Aware FillI remember seeing a demo or two about Content Aware Fill in CS5 months ago.  The demos simply blew your mind and I couldn’t wait to try out that razzle-dazzle feature myself. When I first tried CAF, I got mixed results – how come when I tried it, it didn’t work quite as effectively as the demo I had watched?

You know, it’s like anything, CAF takes a little practice and a little getting used to.  It’s not made to work it’s magic on EVERYTHING, but it does work magic in many situations.  That’s what this tutorial is about – using Content Aware Fill for the Wedding/Portrait photographer and showing when it works and when it doesn’t.

I’ve done three posts at DPT over the past few weeks [link1] &[link2] & [link3] where CAF figured prominently in my finished results.  In this tutorial, I’ll revisit the images in those two posts.  I’ll show you a tip and trick or two that helps you get the best out of Content Aware Fill.

Why not hit the PLAY button below and enjoy the show.

_________________________________________________________

Hey gang, that’s it for me today.  I’m trying to put the finishing touches on my newsletter which is scheduled to go out tomorrow.  You can sign up for it over in the right side bar if you have changed your email address or have yet to receive the newsletter.

Also, I’ll be back tomorrow for another episode of the one that got away. 

Hope to see you then,  David

3 comments:

  1. For what ever reason, I have to watch the HD version of your videos on Vimeo itself. This video is marked private.

    I have recommended your site many times to members of my local group. Some "resisted" because they weren't Pros or wedding photographers. Letting them watch a few of the shorter videos on composition changed their minds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michael,
    Thanks, all taken care of. Thanks for the referrals too.
    -David

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI David. I'm trying to catch up on your posts and tutorials. Your "You Won't Believe Your Eyes" is another great lesson. There are two tools that could make life easier for you doing the retouching you did in the video. One is "Save Selection" It's either under the Select dropdown or you can right click on the selection to get to it. That way you don't have to re-Quick Select the bride every time. The other is Vanishing Point. Replacing the brickwork on the church will follow the angle (and dimension) of the brick and make the "coverup" seamless. Thanks

    ReplyDelete