Tuesday, May 24, 2011

"The Look Of Love"

The Look Of LoveIMG_7083-Edit

"The Look Of Love"
© David A. Ziser

Here is one of the images from our “Engagement Session” I was doing for Kelby Training Yesterday.  It’s one of the my favorites.  The secret to this image’s success if the use of a very long lens at a fairly wide aperture.

We were working at the very beautiful Philippe Park in Tampa.  The scenery was gorgeous everywhere.  This image was made later in the afternoon during what I call the “sweet light” time of the day.  The harsh sun is well behind the trees leaving a warm, soft light flooding the park everywhere.

I had our couple stand right in the middle of the road with my assistant taking up her position about 12 feet behind the couple with my Quantum strobe set to full power.  I was working at a slower ISO , hence the need for more light to get the rimming out backlight effect I like for this kind if image.

Look at the flow of the textures and out of focus lines in the background – the sense of depth gave us a result that was amazing! And, more importantly, Brittany and Colby loved it too.

Camera specs: Canon 7D fitted with 70-200 IS lens at 180mm, F4.5 @ 1/125 second, ISO 400.  Enjoy!  David

No comments:

Post a Comment