Wednesday, May 25, 2011

"Love’s Gentle Touch"

Loves TouchIMG_7688

"Love’s Gentle Touch"
© David A. Ziser

Here is an image made during my Kelby Training session yesterday.  One of the points I wanted to make is that photographs of an engaged couple are not always about the faces of the couple. 

Just as important are their feelings and expressions.  That’s why I love this image so much – you, the viewer, can feel see and feel the love they feel for each other.

I accomplish this with a very close crop that only shows this young lady’s soft touch and gentle smile as she looks into her fiancé's eyes.  By going in tight to only show the smile and the rings we have a wonderful image of how they feel for each other while showcasing the engagement ring in the same photograph.

I finish the image by bringing it into Lightroom, desaturate the image, push the exposure up a bit, move the Fill Light slider up to about +60, the Clarity slider to about –60, and touch up where necessary and I’ve got a great  full-of-expression engagement image.

Camera specs: Canon 7D fitted with 70-200mm IS lens at 150mm, F3.2 @ 1/320 second, ISO 500.  Enjoy!  -David

No comments:

Post a Comment