Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Engagement Couple Photographs – The Shoot Sheet

Good Morning Everybody,

Engage shootIMG_7126We wrapped my “Engagements Portraits - Location, Lines, and Love” yesterday about 6:30 p.m.  I have to tell you, I am stoked by how the DVD is going to turn out. 

Not only did I cover all the photographs and “poses” I like to make during my engagement sessions, the entire video is jammed packed with great lighting techniques and compositional tips and tricks. Yes, you see me struggle with some tough lighting conditions but you’ll also get to see how I solve them too.

I think it’s about the best Kelby Training video I’ve ever put together – I can’t wait for you to see it!  I’ll let you know the minute it goes “LIVE”.

I thought I’d just give you a peek at what we covered these last two days.  Here’s a quick list.

The Dress Code: Clothing to wear – here are the main points

-Suggestions for best looking portraits 

    .Casual or Dressy

    .Soft subdued colors, earth tones

   .Clothing to compliment each other

Engage shootIMG_6620- Clothing not to wear

  .Too tight for body size

  .Horizontal stripes

  .Clothing with words like favorite rock band t-shirt

  .Too many colors

  .Bold patterns

Places to shoot: Favorite places

- Outdoors

- Indoors

- Special places for them - proposal, 1st date, favorite, etc.

- College surrounds

- Urban/City setting.

- Park

Engage shootIMG_6721- Beach

- Mall with skating rink

- Favorite restaurant

When to shoot and benefits of each

- Early evening “sweet light”

- Any light

- Direct sunlight - Open Shade

Gear to use

- Long/Wide lenses

- Panels

- Big umbrellas

- Flash with & w/o Zumbrella

Techniques Discussed

Engage shootIMG_6907- Shutter speeds and apertures

- ISO

- Exposure

Posing the couple

- Casual

- Romantic/Sexy

- Edgy/Anti-romantic non-smiling images

- Super close ups - hands, rings, kiss, etc.

- Over shoulder into his/her eyes

- Backlit

- Against a dramatic sky

WEngage shootIMG_6972hat to shoot

- Close ups

- Engagement ring

- Hands

- Coaxing the expressions/having some fun

- Lips

- Kissing

- Soft touches

- Smiles

Engage shootIMG_7061-Edit-EditHey gang, that’s about half the outline for the Engagement video we did.  We also did an entire session on how and what to shoot for your short video segments, too.  I told you we covered a lot of ground.

Use the list above and the accompanying photographs from the Kelby Training shoot as a guide for your next engagement session.  Also, think of it as a “Preview Of Coming Attractions” for my Kelby Training video coming to a computer near you real soon ;~)

___________________________________________________

Hey everybody, that’s it for me today.  We’re starting my second video today.  I’m covering Image Composition For Portrait Photographers From Start To Finish.  We’ve got the run – the models show up in the next few minutes.

How about checking back tomorrow and let’s see what I’ve got for you…. hot selling items for your engaged couples?

See ya’ then,  David

1 comment:

  1. Loved the post! These are without doubt the best quality pictures you have ever posted! I can really tell something about them when I click on them.
    THANKS!!!

    ReplyDelete