Thursday, May 19, 2011

"Maiden Voyage"

Maiden VoyageIMG_5282-Edit-Edit

"Maiden Voyage"
©David A. Ziser

This abstract was taken a few weeks ago.  My first impression when I saw my final interpretation of this image was that it looked like a very contemporarily ocean liner ready to make it’s first voyage.  All that was missing was the bottle of champagne.

I think this image is a wonderful and playful combination of line, tones, and color.  Does it make any difference what the original subject was – I think not.  These pixels painted on my final digital canvas really don’t care how they got there much like the paint on a regular artist’s canvas. I just view the final presentation and enjoy it.

Camera specs: Canon 7D fitted with 18-200mm lens at 110mm, F5.6 @ 1/160 second, ISO 200.  Enjoy!  -David

________________________________________________

p.s. So what do you think was the original subject? ;~)

1 comment: