Friday, May 20, 2011

"You’re the Light Of My Life"

You Are The Light Of My LifeIMG_5713

"You’re the Light Of My Life"
©David A. Ziser

OK, one more image from that little church I was shooting in a few weeks ago.  A location that, at first looked very disappointing, turned out to be one of my favorite locations in which I’ve shot in months. 

Just look at how this location comes alive with a wide angle lens! This is one of my traditionally best selling photographs.  I’ve always called it the “aisle shot”. In this church there was no center aisle so I had to use one of two side aisles. That further enhanced the composition with my super wide angle lens.

Look at how the pews in the foreground lead you right to the bride and groom.  The soaring ceiling with the curing lines of the ceiling supports offers a very dramatic background for the image – once again, it’s the wide angle lens working it’s magic.

Finishing off the composition with the strong backlighting -  my Quantum flash at 1/4 power – added the final touch to this very cool, very traditional Ziser, wedding image.

Camera specs: Canon 7D fitted with 8-16mm lens at 8mm, F5.6 @ 1/40 second, ISO 800.  Enjoy!  -David

______________________________________________________

Hey gang, that’s it for me today.  We are heading to Oldsmar, Florida (near Tampa) on Sunday and catching up with the Kelby Training crew on Monday for two more training videos – Couples Posing/Engagements Shoots and Composition, Learning To See Differently. Plans are also to have me appear on the Grid LIVE  so I hope you’ll tune in. I’ll be coming to you from NAPP World Headquarters all next week so until then keep you pixels smilin’ and enjoy some R&R over the weekend  -David

1 comment:

  1. David, Love your work, have your lighting setup, books, Zumbrella, etc.

    I live in Tampa. I'm available to assist you this week with whatever you're working on. I would be honored to do it.

    Thanks,

    Joe
    forjoe@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete