Wednesday, May 04, 2011

"Pretty Baby"

Pretty BabyIMG_5584

"Pretty Baby"
©David A. Ziser

Here is an image I made during yesterday's on-location shoot.  We began by shooting around the beautiful Intercontinental Hotel. The lobby area, hallways, and windows offered us several great possibilities for shooting.

The location with what appeared to offer the least of those possibilities yielded one of my favorite images from yesterday’s post.

I positioned the bride in the nondescript hallway.  The back ground looked interesting, at least after I viewed the image at the best focal length for my composition.  The challenge was to get some decent light on the subject.

The location was too tight to use Zumbrellas or any other type of lighting equipment so I decided to use my on-camera flash. But I still wanted my famous loop lighting pattern on my bride.

I found the part of the wall, that if illuminated would give me the same direction of light I needed to capture what I wanted.  I carefully pointed my on-camera Canon 580 EX II flash at that part of the wall, shielded the direct flash from the subject, and shot away.

WOW! It worked!  We got one very beautiful photograph of our very gorgeous bride.

Camera specs: Canon 7D fitted with 18-200mm IS lens at 20mm, F5.6 @ 1/100 second, ISO 800.  Enjoy!  -David

1 comment:

  1. Hi David,

    This has been the most intense Texas School year in my career. I enjoy learning your techniques, and when I grow up, I want to be just like you.

    Let me ask you just one last question, when do you get tired?

    See you soon.

    Lucy

    ReplyDelete