Monday, February 14, 2011

”Aria Arabesque”

Aria Arabesque

”Aria Arabesque”
©David A. Ziser

Since I’ve got Las Vegas on my mind this week, I thought I’d post a photograph I made during last year’s Las Vegas visit.  The newest development in Las Vegas is the City Center – a veritable treasure trove of lines, shapes, and forms.  I just love walking around shooting this structure from all the angles.

This is an image of one of the buildings in the City Center, and to be honest, I’m not even sure which one.  What I do love about the image is the cool curved lines running through the image and how the one set of lines is juxtaposed from the second set. I also like the simple color scheme, and the dramatic lighting.

When you look at the camera specs below, you’ll see I was shooting directly into the sun’s reflection of the building.  The exposure really brought the rest of the tonal values way down, while still holding detail in the shadows, adding to the dramatic movement feeling of the image.

This image is just a fun play of line, shape form, and color  - I really like it.

Camera specs: Canon 7D fitted with 18-200mm IS lens at 90mm, F14 @ 1/1250 second, ISO 200.  Enjoy!  -David

2 comments:

  1. That's the Las Vegas Death Ray!!!! RUN! http://www.boingboing.net/2010/09/27/vegass-vdara-focuses.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. From BLDGBLOG (http://bit.ly/9YtZ6B) :
    "The hotel's facade acts as a parabolic reflector, concentrating solar heat into a specific target area—enough to melt plastic drinking cups and even burn people's hair. It's the future of urban thermal warfare, perhaps: hotels armed against other hotels in a robust defense posture defined by pure heat."

    ReplyDelete