Friday, February 11, 2011

”Painted Sunset”

Painterly Cabo

”Painted Sunset”
©David A. Ziser

We were working on an art project for our friends the last three days and I came across this image I made while in Cabo, Mexico a few years ago.  It was a perfect evening for a sunset, the breezes were calm, clouds were just beginning to settle over the ocean and the sun was getting close to the horizon.

As it does so many times in Cabo the sun lit up the sky with it’s bright rich colors. Instead of settling for a simple sunset, I decided to work a little Photoshop magic on the image.  Now I am not one to get carried away with all the tools in Photoshop.  If I can get the result I want in a mouse click or two, I’m a “happy camper”.

That was the case here.  I simply applied a “brush stroke” filter, I believe, to the image and had what I wanted in short order.  I like the effect and think the image would look beautiful printed on canvas.  That’s my goal this year – turning more of my fine art images into canvas wrap presentations.  I’ll keep you posted.

Camera specs:  Canon 40D fitted with 17-85mm IS lens at 28mm, F18 @ 1/500 second, ISO 400.  Enjoy!  -David

No comments:

Post a Comment