Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Technique Tuesday: 5 Ways To Better Bridal Portraits

Good Afternoon Everyone,

Telephone Well yesterday turned out to be a fairly interesting day.  I received a call from Scott Kelby asking me to be part of a very special project.  When he told me what he wanted, I jumped at the opportunity and said yes.  All I can tell you right now it that it will be a "hoot" when you see the outcome.  My lips are sworn to secrecy for the next few weeks ;~)

Hey gang, I' putting the finishing touches on my newsletter that goes out in a few days.  If you would like to receive it, you can sign up right here.  It's going to cover some of the highlights of my DPT blog over the last few months so if your not a regular reader, you just may want to get the newsletter so your up to date with the latest and greatest news.

I've got a pretty cool Technique Tuesday put together for you today so why don't we get right to it.

5 Ways To Better Bridal Portraits

Easy Afternoon I've seen many wedding images taken by photographers with a wide range of expertise in the field.  All too often we all make some mistakes. If we would have been more aware of our surrounds, we would have captured a better image for ourselves and, more importantly, for our clients.

In today's video tutorial I’ll walk you through 5 key things ranging from lighting, exposure, and composition that you need to know to capture outstanding images of your bride.  They are all simple techniques but in the "heat of the wedding day shoot" they can sometimes be overlooked.  Why not hit the PLAY button and see what I'm talking about. Watching this video may have your brides smiling even more.

_________________________________________________________

Hey gang, that's it for me today.  We're trying to get ready for our trip to WPPI on Thursday and I've still got a few loose ends to wrap up.

How about I plan to see you tomorrow same time, same place for a bonus post.  Last week I had a great conversation with Lynn Michelle of Dallas, TX in our DPT Webcast entitled "Super Bowls and Weddings".  Lynn was a big hit and since I recorded the webcast I thought you would enjoy seeing it in case you couldn't make it last week. 

Our conversation just barely lasts over one hour but Lynn's Super Bowl stories and tidbits of wedding wisdom is worth every minute.

I'll see you then,  David

3 comments:

  1. Great tips David - very many thanks - keep up the good work I'm learning so much from your tutorials.
    Keith (UK)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice set of reminders - thanks David!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the great video!

    ReplyDelete