Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Technique Tuesday: What’s New In Tech?

Good Morning Everybody,

What a day we had yesterday.  We we were on the run the entire day sitting in on programs and visiting about a gazillion vendors in the monstrous trade show.  There are a wide variety of speakers and styles at the convention and we definitely have our favorites.

Blair Phillips, who spoke at our PhotoPro Expo a few weeks ago, once again, hit it out of the park.  My good buddy, Ken Sklute some very cool HD video.  Gary and Pam Box showed some fabulous high school senior images. Kirk Volclain has them rolling in the aisles with his humor, but also showed some awesome high school senior images and some terrific Photoshop tips. The list goes on and on.  Wait till you hear the news below.

Meeting Neil Van Niekerk

DAZ and NeilOn Sunday, I got to the program a bit too late but I did get a chance to meet the presenter.  His name, Neil Van Niekerk, author of the other best selling book on wedding photography, “On Camera Flash”.  You can check it out right here.  Neil mentioned to me that he has a second book coming out in the near future. I got the chance to peek at a pre-release and it looks like another winner.

On Camera flashOK, now some very cool news, Neil has promised to do a webcast for our DPT readers in the near future.  We just need to wrap our travels and check schedules.  I'm going to tell you, it's going to be a great program.  I'll let you know just as soon as we can get things scheduled.

More Webcasts Coming Up Too

MicrophoneI've had several opportunities to meet lots of great presenters here at the show and many of them have promised to come on board for future webcasts.

Here is a quick list:

Kevin Aimes, David Beckstead, Gary Box, David Cuerdon, and Kirk Volclain - just to name a few!    - it's going to be a great year at DPT.

A Special Surprise: Well, Almost

DAZ and JeffI bumped into Jefferson Graham, Tech Editor for USA Today, and we quickly put together a video discussing wedding photography.  Also helping out were two photographers, Corry and Cory and JackieJackie, from ADA Photography [link].  Jeff did a quick interview with these new budding professionals about their business in Indianapolis. I finished the segment by reversing roles and asking Jeff what the coolest, newest trends he has seen over the last 12 months.  It was a fun time.

Now the special surprise - I thought I would have the video to show you by this morning.  Eh, but I don't :-( But not to worry, I'll track Jeff down today and see when it will be ready and get it posted here as soon as I can.

So as to not disappoint, I searched the web for several more tech reports Jeff has done over the last several months.  Here is the link.  Enjoy his many other videos till we get a chance to review yesterday's video posted

___________________________________________________

Hey gang, that's got to be it for me today.  I've got to catch up with Sigma again - I doing a quick video with them to help celebrate their 50th Anniversary.  And then it's over to Westcott at 12:15 for my booth demo.  I've got lots of cool lighting tops and tricks to show so I hope you'll come by.

See ya' at the show,  David

2 comments:

  1. I've been reading Neil Van Niekerk's blog for sometime David, so I can't wait to hear the two of you together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. David, it was great to meet you at Ken's workshop. WPPI was quite a whirlwind, but I'm glad we had a few minutes to talk fusion.

    ReplyDelete