Tuesday, April 21, 2009

"Deserts Rains"

"Deserts Rains"
©David A. Ziser

On Monday we made one of the most beautiful drives of our DWC tour. The drive was from Santa Fe, New Mexico up to Denver, Colorado. The scenery was just gorgeous. New Mexico is definitely the Land of Enchantment. The range of colors, textures and geography is astounding. As we half way to our final destination we noticed a rain storm out over the desert. Of course I tried what we call one of our "drive by" shootings, but the view was just too powerful to pass up. We stopped the car, I jumped out and grabbed this image before the scene changed. I love the power in the clouds, the swirl of the rains, and the contrasting colors of the landscape. Camera specs; Canon 5D mark II fitted with 24-105mm IS lens @ 105mm, F10 @ 1/800 second, ISO 400. Enjoy! -David

2 comments:

  1. That is the same place I was last fall on my way to my sisters wedding when I was watching the most active thunderstorm I have ever seen. Lightning like crazy. Must be something about the mountains there.

    Great shot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, NM is the best, even the food. I grew up in NM and now live in AZ. We are going there next weekend. In fact, Scott Kelby "showed" me your blog. I'm doing my first wedding there for my sister!!! For some reason, the rainbows and the mountains are the best there!

    ReplyDelete