Wednesday, April 08, 2009

"Wedding Day Glow"

"Wedding Day Glow"
©David A. Ziser

This is one of the images I captured during my day long workshop in Detroit on Monday. As I mentioned yesterday, the church was quite small and simply appointed. One of its unusual architectural features was the ceiling. I liked the parabolic lines I saw in the ceiling. The repeat of the other ceiling elements played nicely as a background for my unique bridal portrait. I balanced the flash exposure with the ambient glow of the ceiling to get the final result. Lighting on the bride was accomplished with my "Hollywood" lighting technique described earlier here at DPT - here is the link. Camera specs; Canon 5D Mark II fitted 24-105mm lens at 24mm, F5.6 @ 1/125 second, ISO 800. Enjoy! -David

2 comments:

  1. I like the image, but I am a fan of cleaning things up a bit more. I believe that the environment and the people should be cleaned up digitally. I would take out the vents and the exit signs to remove distractions. As I view work, I notice that we spend time cleaning up people but we forget that to create the fantasy associated with wedding beauty extends to the environments that we choose. Just my two bits. Great work, as usual, David!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see a green tint on her skintones, particularly her forehead!

    ReplyDelete