Monday, April 06, 2009

Quick Hit Monday: Jasmine Star; Conversations; Image Stabilization Testing; and More

Good Morning Everybody,
We made it home Friday from a fantastic week in Florida, repacked on Saturday, and headed out on Sunday for Detroit. I'm doing a day-long program today and then we are back with the DWC Tour in Cleveland on Tuesday, Pittsburgh on Wednesday and Buffalo on Thursday. Maybe I'll even have an image or two to post from today's shoot.

While home over the weekend, I came across a few things I thought you might find interesting. Well, at least they were interesting to me. So, off we go with Quick Hit Monday...

Jasmine Star; Conversations; Image Stabilization Testing; and More
Jasmine Star - Wedding Photographer
I've never had the opportunity to personally meet Jasmine Star [link] but one day I hope too. Jasmine appears to be fun, funny, and a ball of energy. Oh, did I say a great wedding photographer too. Jasmine traveled to many cities with my buddy, David Jay [link] on his cross country Free To Succeed tour last year. I just get a email from David over the weekend saying that her part of the program is online - here is the link. She tells her story about jumping from law school to photographer and hits on all cylinders in telling what propelled her into her business and success. Definitely worth the listen.

Wedding Photographer, Ken Sklute Interviewed At ExpoImaging
Out of the clear blue over the weekend I also see that my buddy, Canon Explorer of Light wedding photographer, Ken Sklute [link], was interviewed by fellow blogger Thann Clark [link]. The interview appears at ExpoImaging on their conversations page right here. I've known Kenny for quite a while - even photographed his wedding a number of years ago.

I think these photographer interviews really give a nice insight into how others have grown their businesses, how they have met their challenges along the way, and why photography is important to them. Whether a seasoned professional or emerging pro, the insight to be gained here is always refreshing. Hey, don't miss a lot of good stuff over at Thann Clark's Thannalog.com [link ] too. His post will keep you busy reading for quite a while.

More Cool Stuff That You Can Shake A Stick At
I got an email from Ray Vilalobos over the weekend. Ray attended my DWC tour last week and dropped me a line about how much he enjoyed it. THANKS Ray. Anyway, he pointed me to his site - PlanetOfTheWeb.com [link] - and I was blown away by the images and all the stuff he has posted. Lighting, Photoshop, photography, and the list goes on and on - you've got to check it out. Anyway, Ray offered to do a guest post here at DPT and I gladly accepted. I'm not going to let the "cat out of the bag" just yet, but look for his post on Technique Tuesday next week. I'm looking forward to it Ray.

One More For The Road: Image Stabilization Testing
I always enjoy checking in with 1001 Noisy Cameras over the weekend - 1001 always has interesting sometimes non-traditional information to read and this weekend was no exception. He was pointing his readers to some new lens testing procedures over at Imaging-Resource.com. Seems Imaging-Resource has spent 2 years developing a way to test how well the image stabilized lens really work. Their first test was on Canon's 70-200mm F4 IS lens and the results looked pretty darn good [link]. Anyway, hit the links here in the article - it's a great "geek read."

Hey gang, that's it for me today. I've got places to go, people to see, and shutters to press. See everybody tomorrow for another episode of Technique Tuesday. See ya' then, -David

1 comment:

  1. Great links, I really enjoyed the "geek link"! :) Must bear that in mind while taking pictures, because sometimes you rely too much on the claimed N-stop stabilization provided by the lens.
    Regards!

    ReplyDelete