Friday, April 03, 2009

"A Sticky Situation"

"A Sticky Situation"
©David A. Ziser

I made this image while on a trip to Sedona, Arizona. Sedona is one of the most beautiful places on earth. We had climbed to the top of the mesa and were exploring the terrain. My self assignment was to make all my shots with my very wide lens - in this case the Sigma 12-24mm. The wide angle lens rendered the cactus with a very unusual perspective as I placed it against the distant horizon in my composition. With the camera focused at 2 feet together with the very small aperture in conjunction with the very wide angle lens kept everything in crisp focus from .7 feet to infinity. Camera specs; Canon 5D fitted with 12-24mm lens at 12mm, F16 @ 1/200 second, ISO 200. Enjoy! -David

2 comments:

  1. I love the Sedona Vistas! I have a very similar shot from atop Doe Mountain NW of downtown Sedona! Great shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just received your seminar pamphlet through the mail and am considering going. Your blog is so informative and wonderful. Thanks. BTW, I live in AZ

    ReplyDelete