Tuesday, April 07, 2009

"Standing Tall"
©David A. Ziser

This image was made during one of my Digital Master Classes. As a wedding photographer, I'm never too concerned about the converging lines in the scene - in fact I prefer them to converge most of the time. The wide angle lens I used in this case sure did the job. You've got to be real careful about not distorting the subject when using lenses this wide. The best place to position the subject is right in the center of the image. Even in this image, the lens is stretching the subject just a bit, but I don't think it distracts from the final image. Camera specs: Canon 1D Mark III fitted with 12-24mm Sigma lens at 12mm, F5.0 @ 1/25second, ISO 800.
Enjoy! -David

4 comments:

  1. I am so glad I found this blog. You are a really good photographer! I have now bought a Sigma 12-24 to my 5d mark II, but I get a black circle around my pictures. Why is this happening?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Anonymous,
    Take the lens cap collar off the lens. -David

    ReplyDelete