Thursday, April 16, 2009

"Brilliant Agave"

"Brilliant Agave"
©David A. Ziser

I have enjoyed shooting flowers and plants since I was a kid. My mom was always complaining that I should shoot more people pictures. I guess my career in wedding photography filled the bill in that department, but I still enjoy a photowalk just to photograph the foliage and the fauna of the surrounds. I've always been intrigued by agave plants, not just because they are used to make Tequila, but because of the unique shape and color of their leaves. I've tweaked the colors in Lightroom to create the blue glow, just like my favorite Margarita, in the middle of the image. The slight vignette finished the presentation for me. Camera specs; Canon 5D fitted with 70-300mm DO IS lens at 130mm, F5.0 @ 1/125 second, ISO 400. Enjoy! -David

3 comments:

  1. I quite like the overall effect, but upon closer inspection, the posterization from the heavy PP looks pretty unusual.

    ReplyDelete
  2. David--First I love this photo-especially the blue tint.

    Also, I just attended your digital wake-up call in Buffalo and found it extremely informative. I've been involved in photography (on a getting paid for basis) for about 4years now. I specialize in babies and kids but have recently starting doing weddings. I used to turn them over to my cousin who's done them for 20 yrs. or so but I finally decided that there's good money in weddings so I'm giving it a try. Anyway, I was hoping to purchase an umbrella at the show but you were sold out that nite. Any chance I could order one thru you.

    Thanks
    Barb Rathbun

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your talet never ceases to amaze! Great work! - H

    ReplyDelete