Wednesday, April 15, 2009

"The Old Centurion"
©David A. Ziser

As I gazed upon this beautiful old tree seemingly standing guard on this part of the desert. I wonder just how old it actually was. It sure looked like a 1000 years old to me. Just the textures shown here imply a hard life history of desert survival for this old desert centurion. The beautiful rich Arizona colors make this image one of my favorites. Camera specs; Canon 5D fitted with 70-300mm DO IS lens at 70mm, F5.0 @ 1/80 second, ISO 400. Enjoy! -David

2 comments:

  1. David, While life life in the desert lies underground, you bring it to the Surface! Thanks for the inspiration...
    Rockman

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ran across your page doing research about photography. I am not a photographer, and do not own a camera do to my lack of funds. But I sure know when I pick up a camera I will know how to use one correctly. After 6 hours of reading your blog’s I found myself looking at this photo for a good 15 minutes. Let me tell you this photo is so amazing. I love everything about it. The lighting, how old and unique the tree is, the Aloe Vera garden that most people would never recognize, and the color of the soil just screams at your eyes. I personally added the word screamscape to the urban dictionary tonight do to your photo making me say that word out loud to my self. Lol. The definition reads “When a landscape photo is very vibrant and and full of color, or has a very unique color combination” Just to let you know this photo is going to have a soft spot on my heart for some time to come, and that I am glad I found your page. Consider me a fan of your work. I look forward to seeing and reading more of your insight on photography.

    Daniel Hughes

    ReplyDelete