Thursday, April 23, 2009

"Think A Happy Thought"

"Think A Happy Thought"
©David A. Ziser


I'm posting another "blast from the past" film image. This doesn't imply that I was doing things differently 12 years ago -actually, I'm always trying to capture these special moments during the wedding. This little girl just was not having a good day and it shows in this image. I forget the specifics of her unhappiness, but it had something to do with hair piece not fitting comfortably on her head. The little girl's grandmother was trying to get it just right. Even the bride was offering her support, but the little girl still was not in the best of moods. I had just entered the room, saw what was going on, particularly in the expression of the little girl, and shot away. This was before the days of automatic exposure cameras. My Hasselblad was fitted with an exposure meter in the prism itself - a $1200 option at the time - but it allowed me to accurately judge the exposure, make the correct exposure settings, and get the shot. I love it. Camera specs; Hasselblad 500CM fitted with 50mm Distagon lens, F4.0 @ 1/30 second (estimated), Kodak Vericolor 800 film. Enjoy! -David

No comments:

Post a Comment