Friday, September 05, 2008

Inspiration Friday: Photoshop World Update And Some Very Cool Links To Inspire

Good Afternoon Everybody,
Hey, I'm sorry for the late post today. It's pretty darn busy at Photoshop World. We got out of the trade show about 7:00 p.m., headed to the PeachPit Party, and then to the room to burn 50 CD's for all the attendees at my Wedding Shootout. Whew! A long day.

I have to say, this year's Tech Expo is the biggest and best ever with more exhibitors than ever before. What's cool about the show is the diversity of the the exhibitors. Since so many photographers are now part of the Photoshop big picture, many of the exhibitors are photo-based too. The show is a wonderful resource for anyone involved in digital photography. If you get a chance to make it to the next show, in Boston, it's well worth the trip.

The keynote yesterday, was also a kick. We all got a peek at some of the new PS4 features expected to roll-out in the next few weeks. My favorite was the "Content Aware Scaling" feature. Imagine an image with four people in it but you need to transform it to make it fit a certain space in your layout.
One way would be to select the image and transform it along the horizontal line. What happens - as the image gets skinny the people get skinny too. Not a good solution. The new feature doesn't touch the people. It only compresses the common space between them giving a very believable final result. VERY COOL!

So when can you get the news on the latest version - how about 9/23/08. So to see "Something Brilliant" log in right here. It should be very cool.

1 comment:

  1. I am also at PhotoshopWorld. I actually was in in both of your classes and I really enjoyed them!

    Why were you not on the panel for the Art of Digital Photography? I'm curious.

    I have been waiting for that Image Scaling technology ever since it was announced last year. I'm so glad Adobe hired the developer.

    Unfortunately I missed the keynote speech. I was trying to visit the adobe site you mention above, but it's not there. Will that site not be available until September 23rd?

    ReplyDelete