Friday, September 19, 2008

Inspiration Friday: Now's The Time To Say Good-Bye To All The Family...

Good Morning Everybody,
Today we wrap up my Fall 2008 Digital Master Class. It's been a fantastic week for all of us. This time around, I restructured the class to allow for more demonstration shooting time and to allow for everyone to shoot on their own in smaller groups at three locations around the city - a church, outdoors, and an evening location.


This gave the smaller groups more time to practice and allowed me to critique many aspects of lighting situations. They also had the opportunity, to interact, help, suggest, and learn from each other while trying to incorporate the ideas we discussed in class. Reviewing those images helped to bring full circle the concepts discussed in class. Many said it was their favorite part of the week.

I think everyone enjoyed the "Z-Ray" lighting technique I was showing too. I know a lot of blog commenter's have asked what I was using to illuminate the subject in the last two day's image posts. Here is the link to the Brinkman MaxFire Dual Xenon Rechargeable Spotlight flashlight I was using right here. It's a pretty cool little flashlight. I use it a lot not only on my subjects but also when shooting the scene setters at my events. Looks like I'm going to have to work this little wonder into a Technique Tuesday - stayed tuned...

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great class. Fun. I'm gonna try the spotlight idea. I once used my car headlights in a session (http://tinyurl.com/seim-light) and though I was very happy they don't offer much mobility.

    Gavin
    seimeffects.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. David, just thought I'd ask, do people get annoyed, since you are, essentialy, shining a flashlight in their face? (Just thought of that, since we're camping this weekend and I've already told my kids several times not to do that!)
    Even so, sounds like fun and you're results look great!

    Regards,

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to trying this. Ordered my tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dave once again Happy New Year! I cannot wait to meet you, thought it would happen at the WPPI convention in Vegas, but not sure we can get away! I heard the classes are full as well. Does your '09 Tour cover San Francisco?

    Anyways, I just want to thank you for as Kelby says "stuffing money into our pockets!" All of your hardwork and your willingness to share with the world is truly remarkable.

    I wanted to share a photo with you and your bloggers, because this little z-ray is everything but small. It helped us with an evening engagement shoot in San Francisco, and I just wanted to say THANKS and THANKS again. My client's LOVED their session, and we had a lot of fun. Our clients were NOT disturbed by the light, but again, watch out between the 2-beam and the 1-beam.

    <[IMG]http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b362/qbnmusica/MichelleandEric069.jpg[/IMG]

    Cheers everybody!

    ReplyDelete